Setting the company and user leave year
In LeaveWizard the company leave year does not have to be the same as the calendar year and run from 1st January to 31st December although this is the initial setting. An Administrator in your company can change the company leave year which will be used as the default leave year for all users unless specifically overridden for a user. This can be done on the 'Company Details' page (see Company Settings In Depth).
- Select 'Company Settings' from 'SETTINGS' on the main menu
- Navigate to the 'Leave Year and Types' section
- Enter the day and month into the 'Our company leave year starts on' field. You can enter it directly into the DD/MM box or click the calendar icon to open a calendar popup to enter the date
If the default leave year needs to be overridden for a specific user this can be done on their 'Employee Details' page by the Administrator.
- From the 'Dashboard' type the name of the user into the 'Search employee' box on the main sub menu. If you are still using the 'Classic' Dashboard then you will also need to select 'Employee Details' from the 'Manage' drop down box next to the 'Search employee' box to go to the 'Employee Details' page
- Navigate to the 'Allowances' section
- Enter the day, month and year into the 'Allowance Resets On' field. You can enter it directly into the DD/MM/YYYY box or click the calendar icon to open a calendar popup to enter the date
- Click 'Submit' to save the changes
In the 'My Allowance' section of the Employee 'Dashboard' the data shown is for their leave year. So, in this example the user will see 'Allowance and leave from 01.04.2019 to 31.03.2020' displayed in that section to let them know that their leave year runs from 1st April.